- Devastating Enemy, Catalepsy, In Her Memory, Fehler, Merciless Terror, The Final Crisis, Bursting Veins, Brotherhood of the Lake, Sabretung, Draugr, Black Sleep of Kali, Serianna, Korpius, Planetate, Sacred Mother Tongue, Epitome of the Week, Illnath, Death Sentence, The Gates of Slumber, Caravellus, Static-X, Xenocide, Aurora, Kiuas, A Hero A Fake, With Life in Mind, Of Glaciers, In Hell and Fury, Our Judgment, The Chariot, Entrosolet, Echoes of Eternity, Rise with Honour, The Dagger Rebellion, De La Cruz, Chimaira, Besegra, Katagory V, Book Of Job, Steel Horse, Acaro, Foundations, Shoreside, American Hell, Mnemic, Lasting Impression, Hemoptysis, Placentophagia, Day In Day Out, Sacred Serenity, Abject!, Beyond the Dream, Born of Ruin, New Dominion, calling it quits.
Tantal have released new live videos off their Voronezh show:
Static-X frontamn Wayne Static dies at 48.
Music journalist and band manager Jill Hughes Kirtland has self-published a book entitled "Not Just Tits in a Corset: Celebrating Women in Metal," which features a foreword by Doro Pesch.
Told in their own voices through a series of intimate interviews and photographs of prominent and influential women in the metal industry, "Not Just Tits in a Corset" details the unique history, challenges, and triumphs women have encountered throughout their careers in metal music, while also celebrating the compelling global community these women have created amongst each other and the fans.
Featured women include Lita Ford, Ann Boleyn, Doro Pesch, Betsy Bitch, Leather Leone, Anneke Van Giersbergen, Elize Ryd, Sharon Den Adel, Alissa White-gluz, Angela Gossow, Maria Brink, Floor Jansen, Tarja Turunen, Cristina Scabbia, Charlotte Wessels, Roxy Petrucci, Linda Mcdonald, Lzzy Hale, And Simone Simons, and more.
The book is now available as a hardcover or softcover printed book or e-book on the author's website
Corey Taylor to appear in horror flick 'Fear Clinic'.
GWAR frontman Dave Brockie, also known as Oderus Urungus, has been found dead in his home on March 23rd.
Former Almah guitarist Paul Schroeber, died at age 40 on March 24th.
The Gates of Slumber's bassist Jason McCash passed away in April.
Former Korn guitarist Shane Gibson passed away on April 15th.
Multiple worldwide news outlets are reporting that Swiss artist H.R. Giger, who designed the creature in Ridley Scott's sci-fi horror classic "Alien," and best known in the metal circles as the man who created such iconic artwork that adorned the covers of such classic albums as Celtic Frost's "To Mega Therion" and most recently Triptykon's "Melana Chasmata," has died at age 74 from injuries suffered in a fall on Monday, his museum reported Tuesday.
Giger's works often showed macabre scenes of humans and machines fused into hellish hybrids, and the style influenced a generation of movie directors and inspired an enduring fashion for "biomechanical" tattoos.
Giger worked as a set designer for Hollywood, contributing to such hit movies as "Species," 'Poltergeist II," 'Dune," and most famously "Alien," the design of which won the 1979 Academy Award for special effects.
Giger's created his museum when he purchased the Chateau St. Germain in Gruyeres, Switzerland.
Bassist Randy Coven, who has worked with Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Ark, Holy Mother and Vitalij Kuprij, passed away on Tuesday, May 20th.
The Glastonbury Festival 2014 is set to take place between Wednesday June 25th and Sunday June 29th, 2014. Metallica will be playing the Saturday night Pyramid stage, but one group isn't happy about the famous band's presence at the festival.
A new Facebook page has been created titled "Remove Metallica from GlastonburyFestival," which as of this writing has 3,700+ "likes" so far. The subject of their concern? Metallica's James Hetfield will be narrating a new History Channel show covering big game hunting in Alaska. The group comments:
"James Hetfield, lead singer of Metallica is a supporter and promoter of big game hunting. He is currently fronting a History Channel show 'The Hunt' about hunting Bears in Alaska. This does not represent the values of environmentalism that have come to be so important at Glastonbury."
On June 18th Visceral Disgorge guitarist Steve Rosenzweig passed away.
Astarte's Tristessa passed away on Aug. 10th due to leukemia.
Tobias Graf, founding member of Deadlock passed away at the age of 35.
Ex-Suicidal Tendencies bassist Tim "Rawbiz" Williams passed away on Aug. 27th.
According to Channel 14 News in Kentucky, a fan in Greenville has been arrested and is currently being jailed for alleged terrorism threats for posting the lyrics to the Exodus song "Class Dismissed," which appeared on the 2010 release "Exhibit B: The Human Condition." The full article on the arrest can be found at this location.
September: Survivor's Jimi Jamison dies at 63.
Russian Progressive Melodic Death metal band with female vocals TANTAL has signed a contract with the European label Bakerteam Records (http://www.bakerteamrecords.com) - sub-label of Scarlet Records (http://www.scarletrecords.it), where the second album "Expectancy" will be released this autumn!
- October 27th - USA/Europe
This release will be a little different from the Russian edition; more news and details will come later.
You can check the official press-release at the official Bakerteam Records webpage:
Recent news you can find at: http://www.tantalweb.ru/index.php/ru/
Rock n’ roll photographer Gene Kirkland, known for photographing the biggest names in rock and metal throughout the 80’s and 90’s, has opened up his archives for the first time.
Kirkland teamed up with Black Lightning Gallery to unearth a stash of shots that had remained hidden and locked away since those glory days – many spanning back nearly twenty years. The following press release was issued about the restored images:
"Black Lightning Gallery undertook what can only be described as a painstaking labor of love to curate, restore and unveil these rare images. In addition, they worked to select iconic, renowned shots to be released as limited edition fine art prints.
"Kirkland has unveiled the first selection of images from the collection, including Guns N’ Roses during the 'Sweet Child ‘O Mine' video shoot, Ozzy Osbourne backstage with a white dove, Iron Maiden at Long Beach Arena in 1985, Motley Crue during the 'Girls, Girls, Girls' video shoot, Randy Rhoads, Steve Vai with David Lee Roth, Metallica with Cliff Burton, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Van Halen and many more.
"Visit Black Lightning Gallery and experience their brand new online presence!
On July 13th Tommy Ramone founder of Punk rock band Ramones died aged 65.
John Spinks of The Outfield passed away this July.
Foreigner's original bassist Ed Gagliardi dead.
- (12.31) To listen to new song from Periphery called 'Graveless', visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON6UDBNmZY0
- (12.31) Clutter's new "Obsidian" album will be released in January 2015.
- (12.28) Suffocate Bastard has decided to part ways with guitar player Othon Kokkinos. He just doesn't have time to dedicate to the band anymore. The band is continuing on with their second album while they look for a replacement.
- (12.24) Bassist Shaun Glass and guitarist Chuck Wepfer have left Broken Hope to concentrate on their new band, The Bloodline. The band welcomes Matt Szlachta (Dirge Within, Chimaira) and Diego Soria (Disgorge) as their replacements.
- (12.22) For a great interview with Devin Townsend where he discusses in detail pretty much every album from his extensive career, visit http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/devin_townsend_i_wanna_be_part_of_something_i_dont_wanna_be_the_thing.html.
- (12.19) The new Entities album has been postponed till Jan 2nd 2015.
- (12.18) Dying Fetus will start recording their new album spring 2015.
- (12.16) To listen to new song from Periphery called '22 Faces', visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUeWJjZB_nQ
- (12.10) Morbid Angel will be in writing mode for 2015.
- (12.08) Today marks the 10th Anniversary of Dimebag Darrell's death. Rest In Peace, it's hard to imagine it's been 10 years without you.
- (12.03) To listen to the new track 'The Bad Thing' from Periphery's new double album go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sNIbcqxYL0
- (11.19) To listen to the new song 'Cesspits' off Napalm Death's new album visit http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured/streaming-napalm-death-cesspits/
- (11.19) Deivos' new album "Theodicy" will be out Feb 15th 2015. Visit http://www.yellmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/DEIVOS-theodicy-album-cover.jpg for the cover art.
- (11.19) According to Kerry King, the new Slayer album is "pretty much done".
- (11.19) Arch Enemy have parted ways with guitarist Nick Cordle and have replaced him wit Jeff Loomis (ex-Nevermore).
- (11.19) For the cover artwork to Periphery's double album "Juggernaut", visit http://i2.wp.com/www.metalinjection.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Periphery-Juggernaut.jpg
- (11.19) Machine Head's new album sold around 18,200 copies in its first week to reach position 21 on the Billboard top 200. Their last album "Unto The Locust" opened with 17,000 units, and "The Blackening" opened with 15,000 units.
- (11.18) Vital Remains would like to welcome drummer James Payne (Hour Of Penance) to the group. He will be joining in Jan 2015 to work on new material for their upcoming album.
- (11.13) An update from Darkwater on the new album: "So...I think it's time for an update regarding the new album, don't you think? I know you guys have been waiting for quite some time now and you have all been very patient, thank you for that! I know we aimed for a 2014 release but sometimes life just gets in the way. We have all been very busy, with family, with work (yes we all do work full time), and of course music. This is an album we're putting our heart and soul into and I know you all will hear that when the time comes. This is an album that is dynamic. It's diverse. It's heavy but also peaceful and melodic. We feel it's the best we have ever done. And I don't think you will be disappointed. All of the songs are written and we will head into the studio very soon. So I guess we need to keep waiting for just a little longer, and trust me, we are just as eager as you guys to have this album out there!"
- (11.12) Nott's new EP "Abyssal" will be out Nov 25th.
- (11.10) Gutted will have a new album out soon called "Martyr Creation".
- (11.10) After a long hiatus, Grimfist is back playing some new shows.
- (11.10) Fear Factory has entered NRG Recording Studios in North Hollywood, California to begin tracking its new album for an early 2015 release via Nuclear Blast Entertainment.
- (11.08) Prong recently spent a week at a studio in Berlin, Germany recording an album of covers, to be released via SPV/Steamhammer in the USA on March 31, 2015.
- (11.07) Gorguts is working on an EP, it may possibly be a 25-30 minute track.
- (11.06) Periphery will release dual albums, "Juggernaut: Alpha" and "Juggernaut: Omega", in North America on January 27, 2015 via Sumerian. The albums are one continuous story, split into two chapters.
- (11.06) To listen to the new Psycroptic track 'Echoes To Come', visit https://soundcloud.com/psycroptic-official/echoes-to-come/s-U3lW2
- (11.06) To listen to the new Machine Head album streaming in its entirety, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJKReRPG5tM
- (11.06) A statement from Napalm Death: "Due to illness within his family, we would like to announce that [guitarist] Mitch Harris will, unfortunately, not be performing with us for the near future. We stress that this is not a permanent arrangement, although we are unsure exactly when Mitch will return under the circumstances. Naturally, we sympathise and wish Mitch all the best for now. In the meantime, we will be joined by guitarists who we know can grind it out in his absence. Thanks for your understanding."
- (11.06) Obituary's "Inked In Blood", the band's ninth studio album, sold around 5,200 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 75 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's last CD, 2009's "Darkest Day", opened with around 1,200 units.
- (10.31) Napalm Death's new album "Apex Predator - Easy Meat" will be released Jan 27th 2015.
- (10.30) Entities new album "Novalis" will be out Dec 23rd. Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cSlZAr4aOY&feature=youtu.be to listen to a pre-mix version of the song 'Esuna ft. Nick Arthur'.
- (10.30) The new drummer for Hate Eternal is Chason Westmoreland. New album out in 2015.
- (10.29) Slipknot's ".5: The Gray Chapter" sold around 132,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 1 on The Billboard 200 chart. This is the second No. 1 album for the band, whose fourth full-length effort, 2008's "All Hope Is Gone" topped the chart by a narrow margin
- (10.29) Devildriver Drummer John Boecklin and guitarist Jeff Kendrick have left the band. Singer Dez Fafara says: "Nothing dramatic, no drag-down fights; just time to move on. " The band is on hiatus for a year while Dez does a new Coal Chamber record, but will be back in 2016 with a new record.
- (10.28) The Faceless have gone through yet another lineup change. More info on the new members soon.
- (10.28) The new Psycroptic (due out next year) will be self titled.
- (10.25) Decapitated must have some sort of curse, the band has in a serious van accident last night on their US tour. Thankfully this time, the band is ok, and they will continue the tour.
- (10.21) To listen to Job For A Cowboy's new song 'Eating The Visions Of God' visit http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/10/21/exclusive-track-debut-job-cowboys-eating-visions-god/
- (10.21) For the new song 'Rejoice' off the new Devin Townsend Band CD (that comes with "Ziltoid 2"), visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCNx6vs7c2Y
- (10.17) Hate's new album "Crusade:Zero" will be out Jan 25th on Napalm Records.
- (10.16) Krisiun are working on a new album.
- (10.15) Hate Eternal have signed with Seasons Of Mist. They hope to have a new album out in 2015.
- (10.15) Malevolent Creation have signed with Century Media. They hope to have a new album out in 2015.
- (10.15) Machine Head's new album will be out Nov 10th.
- (10.14) Visit http://www.5thegraychapter.com/ to listen to the songs 'XIX' and 'Sarcastrophe' off the new Slipknot.
- (10.13) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtIA0IF9hK0 for the latest Bloodbath song 'Famine of God's Word'.
- (10.07) For Devin Townsend's new song 'Deathray' off of Ziltoid 2, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DJrnr3cnro
- (10.07) Skinlab would like to welcome Marcos Medina Rivera (Guitar) to the band.
- (10.02) Suffocate Bastard has finished writing all of the music for their long delayed 2nd album.
- (09.28) Visit http://apochs.net/2/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Bloodbath-GrandMorbidFuneralLarge.jpg to see the cover artwork to Bloodbath's new album.
- (09.25) Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewbdItvn2iI for the new song 'Now We Die' off the new Machine Head album.
- (09.25) Visit http://candlelightrecordsusa.bandcamp.com/album/iii to listen to the entire new Xerath album streaming.
- (09.25) Cannibal Corpse's new album sold 8,800 copies in its first week to debut at position number 32 on the Billboard top 200 chart. The bands previous album "Torture" sold 9600 units too be at position 38.
- (09.24) Bloodbath's new album will be called "Grand Morbid Funeral" and will be out Nov 17th. To listen to the new track 'Unite In Pain', visit: https://soundcloud.com/peaceville/bloodbath-unite-in-pain-from-bloodbath-grand-morbid-funeral
- (09.24) Carcass will issue a collection of previously unreleased and hard-to-find tracks called "Surgical Remission / Surplus Steel", all the songs on the EP were recorded during the "Surgical Steel" sessions, and will be released Nov 11th.
- (09.23) Job For A Cowboy's new album "Sun Eater" will be out Nov 11th. Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDo-VEam_JA&list=UUSldglor1t-5E-Gy2eBdMrA for the song 'Sun of Nihility' off the new album.
- (09.23) Obituary's new album will be out Oct 28th.
- (09.22) Skinlab have started recording their new album.
- (09.22) To listen to the new Obituary track 'Violence', visit https://soundcloud.com/relapserecords/obituary-violence
- (09.22) Jay Weinberg (ex-AGAINST ME! ) has joined Slipknot as the replacement for Joey Jordison.
- (09.22) Bloodbath has recruited Paradise Lost's Nick Holmes as its new lead singer.
- (09.12) Fear Factory have signed with Nuclear Blast Records, and are working on a new album, to be recorded in Oct and released in 2015. Here's hoping for no drum machine this time.
- (09.12) Deivos have recorded the guitars for their new album, with recording the rest of the band coming this fall.
- (09.10) To listen to the new Cannibal Corpse song 'The Murderer's Pact', visit http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/cannibal-corpse-new-song-the-murderers-pact-available-for-streaming/
- (09.05) Divine Heresy is writing music for a new CD, and have 5 songs complete. No announcement yet on who the drummer and bassist will be.
- (09.04) Chimaira has decided to call it quits. They produced some awesome albums, but with so many line up changes and founding members leaving, it was time to let it go. Thanks guys for so much great music.
- (09.03) To listen to all of Bloodsoaked's new album streaming, visit http://bloodsoaked.net/music
- (09.02) Devin Townsend's Ziltoid 2 album (which contains Ziltoid 2 and a full length DTP album) will be out Oct 28th.
- (09.02) Guitarist Emil Werstler has left Chimaira.
- (07.31) Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wozzxwqt8D0 for previews of all the songs off the new Internal Bleeding album, including commentary by the band.
- (07.31) Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbgFBh1_meo for the new pre-production track 'Simulated Reality' off the new Zenith Passage album. The album will be recorded later this year for an early 2015 release.
- (07.31) Deivos is recording their new album which they hope to release by end of year.
- (07.29) The new Obituary album will be called "Inked In Blood", and will be out end of October.
- (07.28) The new Soils Of Fate album is complete.
- (07.28) The new Gardenjia "Materia Oscura" will be out Aug 10th.
- (07.26) Malevolent Creation have added Jason Blachowicz back on bass and drummer Justin DiPinto (who did the drums for their "The Will To Kill" album) on drums.
- (07.25) Napalm Death have started recording their new album, due in 2015.
- (07.24) Nightrage have signed a record/publishing deal with Swedish music company Despotz. The band's sixth studio album will come out February 2015, and recording starts September 15th.
- (07.18) Arkaik are working on their third album.
- (07.13) Skinless have almost finished writing the new album, plan to go into the studio is September, then release it early 2015.
- (07.10) Visit http://www.pathologymusic.com/audio-player to listen to the new track 'Harvest' from the new Pathology album.
- (07.09) Pestilence has decided to go on hiatus for the foreseeable future.
- (07.09) Decapitated's next album will be called "Blood Mantra", and will be out on September 26th. Visit http://assets.blabbermouth.net.s3.amazonaws.com/media/decapitatedbloodmantra.jpg for the cover.
- (07.08) Man Must Die are working on an EP due later this year.
- (07.08) New Bloodsoaked album will be out Sept 2nd.
- (07.04) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LogOPEx2Cfs to listen to the new song 'Slave To The Animal' by Man Must Die.
- (07.02) The Northern have decided to call it quits.
- (07.02) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuRWK17T4_M for the new Cannibal Corpse song 'Sadistic Embodiment'.
- (07.01) Cannibal Corpse will release their new album "A Skeletal Domain" on September 16th.
- (07.01) Looks like Periphery have started recording their 3rd album.
- (07.01) Gardenjia have finished recording their second album.
- (06.27) Mnemic have basically decided to break up, founding member Mircea Gabriel Eftemie is just no longer interested in making this style of music anymore. His statement can be read here: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mnemic-this-is-either-a-hiatus-or-a-break-up/
- (06.27) The new Hate album will be called "Chaos: Zero", and will be out this November.
- (06.27) Vocalist Ashe has parted ways with Tesseract, and original vocalist Daniel Tompkins has rejoined the band. They plan on recording their third album at the end of this year.
- (06.26) Xerath "III" will be out Sept 16th in North America. Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj33h7RgIFQ for an album teaser.
- (06.20) Psycroptic's new album should be out this Sept-Oct.
- (06.20) Glass Cloud have announced on Facebook, that they've parted ways with drummer Chad Hasty and bassist Travis Sykes. The band will continue and use standin musicians for their current tour.
- (06.19) Expect the new Testament album to arrive in 2015.
- (06.19) "War Eternal", the new album from Arch Enemy, sold around 8,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to enter The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 44. The band's last CD, "Khaos Legions", opened with around 6,000 units back in June 2011 to land at No. 78. 2007's "Rise Of The Tyrant" debuted at No. 84 with first-week U.S. sales of around 8,900 approximately 25 percent less than the opening number (12,000) of its predecessor, 2005's "Doomsday Machine" (which landed at No. 87).
- (06.13) Joseph, the other member of the band Bloodsoaked, has left the band after 2 years to focus on other projects.
- (06.13) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajzjs9ggrco for the new song 'Erased' off the new Volumes album.
- (06.13) Visit http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/in-flames-new-song-through-oblivion-available-for-streaming/ to listen to the new track 'Through Oblivion' from In Flames.
- (06.12) Visit http://www.theprp.com/2014/06/11/news/goatwhore-premiere-new-song-schadenfreude/#more-86790 to hear a track 'Schadenfreude' off the new Goatwhore album.
- (06.11) Vital Remains are seeking a new drummer to play live and record their new album.
- (06.10) Visit http://www.metalwani.com/2014/06/interview-mike-hamilton-of-deeds-of.html for an interview with Deeds Of Flesh drummer Mike Hamilton.
- (06.08) A teaser image has gone up on Xerath's site for album #3.
- (06.08) The new Soils Of Fate album "Thin The Herd" will be released this summer by Permeated Records.
- (06.08) Internal Bleeding are in the final mixing stages of their new abum.
- (06.04) The autopsy is in, Dave Brockie, also known as Oderus Urungus, lead singer of Gwar, died of an accidental heroin overdose.
- (06.03) Visit http://www.revolvermag.com/news/voyager-premiere-new-album-v.html to listen to Voyager's new album streaming.
- (06.03) In Flames will release their eleventh album, "Siren Charms", in the U.S. on September 9 via Sony/RED.
- (05.31) Release of the new Volumes album has been pushd back to July 15th.
- (05.30) Visit http://www.terrorizer.com/news/streams/stream-vaders-new-album-tibi-et-igni-full-terrorizer to listen to Vader's new album streaming.
- (05.30) Coronado will have a new EP out June 20th. Visit https://soundcloud.com/oske7/north for a preview.
- (05.29) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaE62m_a8oQ to see the new song 'The Mixture' off the new Volumes album.
- (05.29) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrBF0mhz1ho to see the new song 'Hyperventilating' off the new Voyager album.
- (05.29) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV91zkfZtiw to watch drummer Patrice Hamelin of Gorguts perform the song 'An Ocean Of Wisdom' in Vienna.
- (05.22) Pathology's new album will be called "Throne Of Reign", and will be out Aug 5th. Visit http://www.bravewords.com/news/222685 for the cover artwork.
- (05.21) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e7uhSvVpJ0 to listen to the new Origin track 'All Things Dead'.
- (05.17) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRtj9qv30dg to listen to the track 'Triumph Of Death' off the new Vader album.
- (05.16) The new Bloodsoaked EP will be out this July.
- (05.14) Devin Townsend is working on a book about his music, career, etc. More details here: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/devin-townsend-working-on-only-half-there-book/
- (05.13) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=162AWyhziJ8 for the new song 'Manifest Desolate' off the new Origin CD to be released July 8th in North America.
- (05.09) Job For A Cowboy have started mixing their new album.
- (05.07) Visit http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/origin-omnipresent-album-details-revealed/ for the cobver artwork to the new Origin album.
- (05.07) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDnKT8dXdzo for Aborted's cover of Suffocation's "Funeral Inception", available on the Deluxe Edition of Aborted's "The Necrotic Manifesto".
"The Necrotic Manifesto"
- (05.07) Here's just a few of the bands playing this year's Summer Slaughter tour: Morbid Angel (headliner), Dying Fetus, The Faceless, Thy Art Is Murder, Goatwhore, Origin, Decrepit Birth. They'll be playing in San Francisco on July 7th at The Regency Ballroom.
- (05.07) Internal Bleeding have now entered the studio to record their new album.
- (05.04) Recording of both Ziltoid 2 and a new Devin Townsend Project album has begun.
- (05.03) Devildriver plans to enter the studio in November.
- (05.02) One year ago Jeff Hanneman of Slayer passed away. RIP dude, your contributions to metal will never be forgotten!
- (05.02) Visit http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-testament-bassist-greg-christian-it-sucks-to-be-poor-and-famous/ for Greg Christian, former bassist for Testament, who speaks a bit about why he left the band. In short, it was money related, he was basically paid a day rate while he watched other members of the band share in the increasing profits from the band.
- (05.02) Some good information in this interview with new Arch Enemy vocalist Alissa White-Gluz: http://metalassault.com/Interviews/2014/04/28/in-conversation-with-new-arch-enemy-vocalist-alissa-white-gluz/
- (05.01) Voyager's new album "V" will be out June 3rd.
(04.04) Deivos' drummer (who was injured in a car accident last year) has mostly recovered from the ordeal, and the band is practicing again, with the hopes of going back on tour and a new record this year.
- (04.25) A note from Humanity's Last Breath's founder on the status of the band: "Hey guys! This is Buster. I have some bad news, the band (not me) is taking an hiatus for an unknown period of time. The band has realized that they are unable to play live due to different obligations in their lives, this led to the descision that HLB will be a one-man-band featuring yours truly. I am working on an EP this time around and it will be released with another vocalist. Since I write 90% of the stuff there will be no major change in the music more than my personal progression as a songwriter. One more thing! Im helping out the guys in vildhjarta with drum duties in France and Switzerland next week! so come by and hang out!"
- (04.24) Deeds Of Flesh have finished 3 songs for their new album.
- (04.24) The new Pessimist album will be called "Keys To The Underworld". Visit http://www.facebook.com/pessimist.metal to see the cover artwork.
- (04.24) Slayer have signed with Nuclear Blast Records. Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBG1WLxlQ9M for a demo of a new song called 'Implode', which will be on their new album to come out in 2015.
- (04.22) Here's drumcam footage from the Aborted show I attended and reviewed last week at DNA Lounge in San Francisco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opXJQ7RcqPE&feature=youtu.be
- (04.22) Napalm Death are recording their new album for a late 2014 release.
- (04.22) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfPc7bUAtCU for some clips from the new Volumes album. Not impressed so far, but I'll wait till I hear the full album.
- (04.22) Elitist have signed with Equal Vision Records. New album in late 2014.
- (04.21) Volume's new album will be called 'No Sleep" and will be out June 17th. Visit http://www.thecirclepit.com/2014/03/volumes-no-sleep-album-details-leaked.html for the album cover (this is one of the worst covers I have ever seen for an album BTW, maybe it's an april fools?)
- (04.20) Obituary have finished rexcording their new album for a mid-July release (earlier for their kicksterer backers).
- (04.18) Visit http://www.reverbnation.com/resurrection/song/20113525-rain-of-ashes to listen to a new song off the new Ressurection album, due in April.
- (04.18) Visit http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/In-Flames-Siren-Charms-Small.jpg for the cover art to the new In Flames.
- (04.18) Rob Zombie is already working on his sixth solo CD.
- (04.16) Deftones have posted their previously unreleased song 'Smile', from the shelved album "Eros", on YouTube to commemorate the first anniversary of the passing of the band's bassist Chi Cheng. Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPN2XVPxRoY
- (04.16) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1SAjDsnhLk for the new song 'Coffin Upon Coffin' from Aborted.
- (04.12) In Flames have set "Siren Charms" as the title of their eleventh album, due in September via Epic.
- (04.08) Death metal legends Internal Bleeding have signed a 2 album deal with Unique Leader, and plan on releasing their new album "Imperium" this fall. The current lineup is original 3 members Chris Pervelis (Guitar), Bill Tolley (drums) and Brian Hobbie (Guitar), and newcomers Jason Liff (Bass) and Keith DeVito (vocals). Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUDErpVb28I for a short teaser.
- (04.07) Update on the new Skinless album: "We are currently in the writing phase for our next album. The music for about 6 brand new songs is complete or very close. Lyrics and vocals to 2 songs are finished and more coming soon. The album will have 7 to 8 songs total. 5 songs have titles so far and we have chosen the album title which we'll reveal a little closer to the release. We are on target to finally get our asses into the studio this summer. The album is slated to be released in early 2015 by Relapse Records."
- (04.07) Visit http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00J549IZU/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp?ie=UTF8&qid=1396373648&sr=8-2 to listen to clips from the new Prong album.
- (04.01) Visit https://soundcloud.com/iambulb/borthelcash-new-periphery for a demo song called 'Borthelcash' which will be on the upcoming Periphery album.
- (03.31) Blood Duster have announced they're out of retirement and will make a new album.
- (03.29) Arch Enemy's new album will be out June 9th. Visit http://assets.blabbermouth.net.s3.amazonaws.com/media/archenemywareternalcd.jpg for the cover artwork.
- (03.27) Hackneyed will enter the studio this weekend to record their new album.
- (03.27) Goatwhore will release their new album "Constricting Rage Of The Merciless" on July 8th.
- (03.25) Hate have announced the addition of drummer Pawel "Pavulon" Jaroszewicz to the group's ranks. The band hope to start recording their new album in June.
- (03.24) Dave Brockie, aka, Oderus Urungus, lead vocalist for Gwar, passed away at approximately 6:50 p.m. EST Sunday, March 23, 2014 at age 50. No foul play is suspected, a full autopsy will be done to determine the cause of death. Read more here: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gwars-manager-issues-statement-on-dave-brockie-a-k-a-oderus-urungus-death/
- (03.20) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY4dHkIyd8s to listen to the new song 'Mono' off the new Whitechapel.
- (03.19) Arch Enemy have parted ways on good terms with longtime singer Angela Gossow, and have added The Agonist's Alissa White-Gluz as their new singer. Comments Angela: "Dear Arch Enemy fans, this is not easy to tell you… I have decided to step down from being Arch Enemy's voice of anger. After 13 years of pure fucking metal, 6 studio albums and countless tours through five continents, I feel the need to enter a different phase in my life, be with my family and pursue other interests. I will, however, remain business manager for Arch Enemy, and I will continue to develop my artist management roster.I am staying true to my heavy metal roots, just leaving the spotlight, so to speak. I am passing the torch to the super talented Alissa White-Gluz, whom I've known as a dear friend and a superb vocalist for many years. I always thought she deserved a chance to shine — and now she's getting it. Just like I got that chance back in 2001. I want to thank all Arch Enemy fans, our labels Century Media (worldwide) and Trooper Entertainment (Japan), our dedicated road crew, and in particular Michael, Daniel and Sharlee for their love and support throughout all these years. It's been one hell of a ride! We conquered every situation, made it through thick and thin together in the most exciting and rewarding time of my life. Thank you all for being there with me on stage, in front of the stage, and backstage. You have touched my heart, and I hope I was able to give something back to you. I am grateful for the wonderful memories - I will cherish them forever! I am looking forward to the next decade of Arch Enemy madness! Right now I am listening through rough mixes of the new studio album and I am blown away! 2014 will see a renewed Arch Enemy at the top of their game. I am proud to be part of this Arch Enemy chapter, albeit in a different way — revving up the engines behind the scenes. I hope to see you in front of the stage; I will join you there this time. Let the killing begin, once again!"
- (03.19) Visit http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/news/details/3359689.vader-cover-und-tracklist-von-tibi-et.html to see the cover to the new Vader album.
- (03.17) Visit https://prong.bandcamp.com/album/unleashed-in-the-west-official-bootleg to buy an official bootleg of Prong recording their current tour setlist live in the studio.
- (03.17) Devin Townsend's "Casualties Of Cool" will be out May 14th 2014. Also, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=2D83P9Fg3pA for a great interview with Dev about the pledge drive, and he also gets deeply into the finances of the band, which is really great to hear about. So many people think that musicians of Devin's caliber must make tons of money, and the answer is no, he's doing fine but he's far from lifelong financial security.
- (03.16) Visit http://i2.wp.com/www.metalinjection.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Hour-Of-Penance-Regicide.jpg for the covert artwork to the new Hour of Penance.
- (03.14) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFIDFsfa3F4 to listen to the new song 'Necrotic Manifesto' off the new Aborted album.
- (03.14) Visit http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gorguts-parts-ways-with-drummer-john-longstreth/ for a statement from Luc Lemay of Gorguts on why John Longstreth will not be drumming for the band anymore. In short: "Seeing the new Origin record coming along and being released this year, John is also developing his solo career with drum clinics; I was apprehending the complexity of orchestrating schedules for future Gorguts tours. [...] All I can say is that I had a great experience playing and making a record with John. [...] It's not a question of personality or whatsoever; it's a question of each of us pushing our individual goals and plans as artists." Read the whole statement for more details.
- (03.13) Some John Longstreth news: "Hey just to give everyone an update on what is going on for me in 2014. Origin has completed the record "Omnipresent" I am extremely happy with the outcome and can't wait until everyone gets to hear it! The DVD is coming along nicely but it will take a few months to complete everything. After it's completion I will be able to start sending out perks to all the contributors. I would like to thank everyone for their support this could not have happened without you. I will keep everyone updated as it progresses. I have been getting asked about the Gorguts up and coming dates lately. I will not be joining Gorguts on the up and coming tours. Luc Lemay has decided to take out Patrice Hamelin for all dates in 2014. I can't say I am not disappointed but I respect his decision and it allows me to concentrate on Origin, the DVD, other projects and future drum clinics/workshops. I am very happy to say that some Gorguts material will be included on my up and coming DVD."
- (03.13) Decapitated have announced their new drummer will be Michal Lysejko, who toured with the band on their recent Lamb of God tour. The band have entered Hertz Studio in Bialystok, Poland to begin recording their sixth album. The as-yet-untitled CD is set for a release in September via Nuclear Blast.
DECAPITATED entered Hertz Studio in Bialystok, Poland to begin recording their sixth album. The as-yet-untitled CD is set for a release in September via Nuclear Blast.
DECAPITATED's forthcoming effort will mark the recording debut of the band's new drummer, Michal Lysejko
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/decapitated-announces-new-drummer-begins-recording-next-album/#gY1OPkrQRcMpc4A1.99
- (03.12) Visit http://lambgoat.com/features/139/Misery-Index-Conjuring-The-Cull-song-premiere for the new song 'Conjuring the Cull' off the upcoming Misery Index album.
- (03.11) Goatwhore have finished recording their new album.
- (03.11) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqW9ihGZXMQ&feature=youtu.be for the new song 'Religious Apocalypse' off the upcoming Bloodsoaked album.
- (03.10) Abysmal Torment's new album will be out April 29th. Visit http://willowtip.bandcamp.com/track/dead-in-the-flesh for another preview track.
- (03.08) Vader have completed work on their new album, "Tibi Et Igni" (a Latin phrase which translates to "For You And Fire"), for a May 30 release via Nuclear Blast.
- (03.07) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsrKfrCKLIA for a new song off the new ForTiorI album.
- (03.06) Hour Of Penance will release their new album "Regicide" on May 13th via Prosthetic Records.
- (03.05) Arch Enemy have started mixing their ninth studio album, "War Eternal", for a June release via Century Media REcords.
- (02.27) Posted to Devin Townsend's twitter feed: "So check it: Z2 is going to be a double record, one Ziltoid, one dTP, and the theme it's 'Ziltoid against the world'"
- (02.27) Prong's new album, "Ruining Lives", will be released through Steamhammer/SPV in Scandinavia on April 23, in Germany on April 25, in the rest of Europe on April 28 and in the U.S./Canada on May 13. It will be made available as a limited digipak version including one bonus track and poster, as a double gatefold colored vinyl version including one bonus track and the CD in cardboard sleeve, as a standard version and download.
- (02.26) Whitechapel's new album "Our Endless War" will be out April 29th. Visit http://www.metalblade.com/whitechapel/ to listen to a new track.
- (02.26) Drummer Gus Rios has left Malevolent Creation. He explains in a statement: "After several years, I have decided to part ways permanently with Malevolent Creation. The simple reason is personal differences. I appreciate all of the people I've worked with during my time with the band and want to thank all of them. I'm sure we'll work together again in the future with another band. Most of all, I would like to thank all of the fans who have supported the band! I'm sure you will continue to support. This opens me up for bands in need of a touring and/or recording drummer, as well as a full-time position if the situation is right.
- (02.25) The new Misery Index album will be called "The Killing Gods" and will be out May 23rd.
- (02.25) ForTiorI's new album will be called "Reflection" and will be out in the Spring / Summer.
- (02.25) Devin Townsend put up a kickstarter type campaign for his new album "Casualties Of Cool" and reached full funding in less than an hour. The campaign now stands at 311% funded. Go Dev!! Visit the site for a preview of a new song if you pledge: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/casualties-of-cool
- (02.21) Aborted, The Zenith Passage and headliners Kataklysm will be playing the DNA Lounge in San Francisco on April 16th.
- (02.21) Psycroptic have finished writing the new album. and will be in the studio March 3rd.
- (02.21) Resurrection has parted ways with bassist/vocalist Damien Chavez. The has recruited Jeff Surmell of Solace Of Requiem to fill in for its upcoming "March Of Death" European tour. "Many reasons went into the decision to part ways, but all that needs to be said is that Damien is on a different level, musically as well as personally, than the rest of the band. Our priorities just no longer aligned."
- (02.20) Hour Of Penance hope to have a new album out this year.
- (02.20) Bloodbath will start recording their new album next month.
- (02.20) Skinless are about halfway done writing the new album.
- (02.19) Volumes have completed recording their new album.
- (02.19) Aborted's new album will be out April 29th. Here's the cover artwork: http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q233/xfiruath/necroti_zps4156c90c.jpg
- (02.17) Abysmal Torment's new album will be called "Cultivate The Apostate", visit http://f0.bcbits.com/img/a1967237413_10.jpg for the album cover.
- (02.16) Arch Enemy are recording their new album for a summer release date.
- (02.15) The Omega Experiment have written 8 songs so far for their second album.
- (02.15) The Faceless have parted ways with guitarist Wes Hauch. The band states: "Things were moving in different directions and it seems that this is best for everyone. We wish him the best of luck and we know he's going to continue to do great things in music. Please keep supporting Wes in everything he does. We definitely will. We are also currently working on new music with bassist Evan Brewer, who is remaining a full-time member of the band, to clear up any confusion. The cover album has also been put on the back burner in place of new original material. We are very excited with how things are coming together and will keep you all updated as things progress."
- (02.14) The Zenith Passage hope to release their debut album this summer.
- (02.14) Cannibal Corpse will enter the studio this weekend to record their new album due this summer.
- (02.13) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyeDRTJBmSk to listen to the new song 'Return To Reform' from Entities.
- (02.13) Behemoth's new album "The Satanist" sold around 10,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 34 on The Billboard 200 chart. Their last studio album, 2009's "Evangelion", opened with around 8,500 units to land at No. 56.
- (02.11) Chino of the Deftones says the band will take the rest of the year off, and will start thinking about a new album next year.
- (02.09) Disentomb's new album will be called "Misery". Visit http://cs409029.vk.me/v409029942/70da/Y0Bo49xPmeQ.jpg for the cover artwork.
- (02.08) From Dying Fetus: "currently writing riffs for the new album...maybe new album end of this year or beginning of next".
- (02.08) Pathology's new album will be out Aug 5th.
- (02.07) Machine Head will enter Green Day's Oakland, California's JingleTown Recording compound on Sunday, February 9 to begin recording their new album for a late 2014 release via Nuclear Blast Entertainment.
- (02.06) Abysmal Torment have signed with WiIllowtip Records.
- (02.06) Resurrection have signed with Old School Metal Records for the release of the band latest album, "Soul Descent - March of Death", which is due out in March.
- (02.05) Gorguts have been nominated in the "Metal/Hard Music Album Of The Year" category at this year's Juno Awards (the Canadian equivalent of the Grammy Awards), set to be held in Winnipeg on March 30. Congrats guys, hope you win!
- (02.05) Despised Icon, after a 3 year break, plan to do a few reunion shows. No tour or new album is planned, it's just the guys getting back together briefly for some fun.
- (02.05) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhbStGoeUDI for an awesome guitar playthrough of Kadinja's 'Shades'.
- (02.04) This year marks the 25th anniversary of Meshuggah releasing their first EP. to commemorate the event, Meshuggah will be doing a few 25th Anniversary shows in Europe and North America.
- (02.02) Message from Sensory Amusia: "Time to announce we have parted ways with our drummer Chris and vocalist Jared. We are very much alive and kicking and currently writing another album, unfortunately we will have to take a break from live shows for the foreseeable future. We want to thank everyone for supporting our live shows these past few years"
Original L.A. Guns vocalist Michael Jagosz has passed away on March 9th at the age of 48.
GWAR founder and vocalist Dave Brockie, who performed under the name Oderus Urungus, has passed away at the age of 50.
Fan Dies After Stage Diving at a Suicidal Tendencies Show as noone caught him.
Ian Watkins on suicide watch while awaiting trial.
AUTHOR & PUNISHER master sound manipulator, Tristan Shone, recently spoke with Wired Magazine for an in-depth investigation of the voice modulating masks -- among many other handcrafted industrial contraptions -- that aid in his cacophonous manifestation of cold mechanical doom. Elaborates Shone, "These masks are as much an abstract representation of what heavy music is for me as they are the physical form of it. When I put these little bastards on I feel powerful, transformed and honestly a little light-headed because it is hard to breathe. I might need some gills on the next ones...I would like to extend thanks to Augie Arredondo who has pretty much directed all of my videos. He has become a great friend and we just sort of hang out, drink beer and shoot whatever. It really helps to have somebody so chill to collaborate on these videos with, because the shots are spontaneous. Many thanks also to Wired for reaching out once again and supporting underground music." Peer into Shone's fascinating world of audio deconstruction, courtesy of Wired Magazine, at THIS LOCATION.
Canada's Trigger Effect singer passes away.
Cradle of Filth will be releasing a crowd-funded graphic novel titled "Curse of Venus Aversa." While the campaign has already met its goal of $20,000 with 18 days left to go, various perks for contributing are still available for fans, with full details available right here.
- (01.28) Pathology have started work on a new album, and have started a kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pathology/pathology-new-2014-album
- (01.23) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A17ASUMfHo&feature=youtu.be for some high quality drumcam footage of Aeon performing 'Forgiveness Denied'.
- (01.20) Chaos Inception will have a new album out spring / summer of this year.
- (01.17) Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3FMAxjS5PE for a new album teaser from Entities.
- (01.17) Wormed has signed with Seasons Of Mist.
- (01.17) Listen to this weeks "The Racket" http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/racket/ for an interview with The Amenta discussing their final live show that happened last night. In short, the band always felt that they were never able to capture live all the nuances of the band's music, so they've decided to stop doing live performances and instead focus only on recording music.
- (01.16) Behemoth's new album "The Satanist" will be out Feb 4th in North America.
- (01.15) Check out this song from Soreption: http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured/track-premiere-soreptions-engineering-the-void/ Brutal Swedish technical death metal. Impressive stuff (check out 3:10 and on especially).
- (01.15) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww8wIUTzjvk&list=PLH22-xSMERQp18O1-ZMBCGD8zXwcDa037 to listen to Periphery's new EP "Clear" streaming.
- (01.15) Bassist Greg Christian has left Testament. Taking over his role will be bass legend Steve Di Giorgio, who has played with the band before. He will also handle bass duties on their upcoming album.
- (01.15) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPZMckCGPLM&feature=youtu.be for a teaser to the new Intervals album "A Voice Within" out March 4th.
- (01.13) Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaqo8sEp8DA&feature=youtu.be to listen to a clip from a new song by The Obelisk.
- (10.13) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcrfrQXhO4Y for a high quality live video of a new Suffocate Bastard song 'Nihilistic Despair'.
- (01.10) Aeon have announced the addition of guitarist Ronnie Björnström to the group's ranks. Björnström produced the band's fourth studio album, "Aeons Black", and worked as the band's front-of-house tech for the past 4 years.
Dan Lilker retiring from music this year.
Metallica recently played a live show in Antarctica, and photos from the set can be found at the band's Facebook profile here.
(01.10) Aeon have announced the addition of guitarist Ronnie Björnström to the group's ranks. Björnström produced the band's fourth studio album, "Aeons Black", and worked as the band's front-of-house tech for the past 4 years.
- (01.08) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6C_qrO6xL0 to listen to demo clips from the new Voyager album.
- (01.06) Origin is about the start working on their new album "Omnipresent".
- (01.16) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCutL9FXKWE&feature=youtu.be for a preview off the new Clutter album "Obsidian".
- (01.06) Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWWC_ffHtfk#t=48 for a preview of the new Uneven Structure album.
- (01.04) Hackneyed will have a new album out this year.
- (01.03) The Northern have posted a pre-prod clip from a new song called 'Maverick'. Listen to it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Z0-3Ni98w&feature=youtu.be
- (01.02) Former Slipknot drummer Joey Jordison has released a statement that he did not leave Slipknot by his own choice. No extra explanation was given at this time.
- (01.02) Vital Remains plan on releasing a new album this year.
- (01.02) Darkwater will release their third album this year.
- (01.02) Napalm Death will be working hard the next few months on a new album.
- (01.02) Whitechapel will have a new record out this year.